As we are in the middle of the Carnival season, we want everyone to have a Safe Carnival for 2012. So we came up with 10 ways to have a Safe Carnival.
- Don’t drink and drive. 1/3 alcohol to 2/3 chaser is recommended if you are using public transport.
- Don’t wine on someone else’s man or woman when their significant other steps away.
- Don’t buy tickets from a scalper and expect a refund.
- Find a place & time to meet up if you and your crew split up.
- Carry only the money you need for drinks, food and travel. Nothing more.
- Fellahs, respect our ladies, & ladies, respect our fellahs.
- If you drinking anything on rocks, stay close to your friends.
- If you step on someone shoe be sure to step on your own shoe in front of them.
- If you leave your crew to go the restroom or to find someone to wine with, let someone know if you are away for more than 30 min (at least text them).
- Whether before or after a fete, use protection when you “doing the do”.
These were the first 10 that came to mind. But we know everyone has their own safety tips. What’s your advice on being safe for Carnival 2012? Tell us and we will add it to our list. And we will give you credit too!
How to send us your tips?
Post on our Facebook Wall the best ways you suggest to have a safe carnival! Start with “Have a safe carnival by …” Be creative and have fun, and if you want to send us a “private tip” email us and we will post your tip as “anonymous”. But remember that it must be “Safe Advice”.